Monday, June 30, 2008

Third Post (30 June 2008)

It's been almost two weeks since my last post. Well, as you can see, a lot has changed.

There are flowers on the potato plants, which means the tubers are forming below the surface. (Which also means that I need to add more compost around the plants tomorrow)

There are a few rogue peppers forming on the store-bought transplants.

The beet foliage looks very healthy and colorful.

The sweet corn is well past my knee and we still have four more days until
the 4th of July.

Overall, I'm very impressed and surprised that everything is doing so well. Oh--I also abandoned the urine as a fertilizer idea. It is far too time consuming and inconvenient. I've opted for a traditional all purpose (12-12-12) fertilizer, which I've only put on the corn so far.







2 comments:

Daniel Chapman said...

wow, you must be in the best subdivision setting you can find! Garden is looking good too.

Unknown said...

Good luck with the blog! And the garden!